Last Revised: January 18, 2018
Your privacy is important to Upchain Inc. (“Upchain”, “we”, “us”, “our”).This Privacy Statement explains how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Upchain with respect to your visit and interaction with the official Upchain website: www.upchain.com (the “Site”) as well with respect to your interaction with us offline, such as by telephone or at an event.This Privacy Statement does not apply to customers, who have purchased and use, the Upchain software application.
- How does Upchain collect personal information?
Upchain collects personal information from you when you provide it directly to us, for example, when you, create an account, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletter, apply through our Career Page or make other inquiries through the Site.We may also collect information when you call us or interact with us in person.
- What kind of personal information does Upchain collect?
Some examples of the kind of personal information we may collect include:
- email address
- address and telephone number
- user name and password
- demographic attributes that may be connected to personal identifiers
- information related to your organization, business or company, including your role and title within the organization
- employment history and experience contained in your resume and other career application documents
- information you provide when you contact us; and
- other personal information as identified from time to time.
- How is this information used by Upchain?
We may use and share your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering the Site
- administering and processing our Upchain products and services
- creating your account and verifying your identify
- generating statistics, aggregating data, measuring the Site activities, personalizing your experience, and detecting and preventing security threats
- helping us develop and market the Upchain brand, products, services, promotions and advertising
- communicating with you about our Upchain and our products and services, events, upcoming contests, promotions and other news about Upchain and our select partners
- communicating with you about our products and sending you related information, including account confirmation notices, password resets, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support
- processing your application, resume and other documents submitted to our Talent Page
- responding to your requests, complaints, comments and questions
- other purposes that we identify to you from time to time.
- Do you automatically collect technical data, and why?
- How to opt out of cookies. You are always free to set your browser to decline cookies and you can delete them from your computer. If you decline “cookies” or delete them from your computer, you will still be able to access our Site, but you may find that some pages and aspects do not work as smoothly as when cookies are enabled on your system. There may be some cookies that are required to operate the Site and cannot be declined.
Analytics: We may use analytic tools or engage with third party service providers to assist us in analytics, to help us to better understand the functionality of our Site. The analytic tools may record information such as how often you use our Site, which features you use or don’t use, and aggregated usage and performance data.
- How to opt out of Analytics. You change your preferences and opt-out of analytics at any time. Contact us at: email@example.com for a list of analytic tools we use, if any, and to learn how to opt-out.
- Does Upchain aggregate personal information?
We may aggregate the information (i.e. does not enable one to personally identify you) we collect, including the technical data we automatically collect. Aggregated data may be used by us to improve our Site, products, and services as well as for marketing purposes, and may be shared with and used by advertisers and other third parties. If we share aggregated data to third parties, particular personal information will not be individually identifiable in the aggregated data.
- How is my personal information shared?
Upchain may share information with our third party service providers (subcontractors, suppliers, agents) who assist us in providing and administering the Site. Third parties may assist us with services such as data hosting and marketing.Personal information may be shared or assigned to third parties as a result of, or in connection with a sale, merger, change in control, consolidation, transfer of assets, reorganization, bankruptcy, or liquidation.Upchain may disclose your personal information in response to any subpoenas, court orders, other legal processes, to exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims. We may also disclose your information when we believe it appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats, violations of the Terms of Service for the products and services you accessed, and/or to protect our rights and property.
- How do we keep personal information safe?
The security of your personal information is important to us. Upchain employs administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. We require that your personal information is safeguarded using means appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.If we use third parties to process personal information our behalf, such third parties are contractually obligated to safeguard information and only use the information provided to them for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement.
- Where do you store personal information and for how long?
Personal information is stored in the Canada and the United States of America; however, it is possible that a third party that processes information on our behalf may store information in another country. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.We retain personal information for as long as required to fulfill the purposes in this Privacy Statement, or as may be required by law.
- What about social media and other third party pages?
Our Site may be linked to and from another website or contain links to third party sites. For example, our Site includes links to certain social media platforms.You should review the policies of websites you visit to better understand how those websites collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites. The inclusion of a link on our Site does not imply our endorsement of the linked website or service.
- Policy on children’s use
This Site is not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
- Do Not Track signals
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Certain legal obligations require that we disclose how websites we operate react to Do Not Track signals. The Site and our services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
- California privacy
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individuals of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I access and update my information?
If you have created a profile on the Site, you can update or make changes to your personal information by logging into your profile.If you do not have a profile, you can contact us and inquire about the information Upchain may have of you. If you request, we will let you know what personal information Upchain has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will look into that as well.We will provide you with access to your personal information that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions, including: information that is referenced to another individual’s personal information that we cannot sever; information subject to solicitor-client privilege; or due to other legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your access request.
To inquire contact us at: email@example.com and include “Attention: Privacy Officer” in the subject line.
- How to contact Upchain
If you have any additional questions regarding this Privacy Statement, you can contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Privacy Officer